Chapter 99 - Fever


“DON’T MOVE!” Cate barked, her heart pounding. She saw the target freeze, his hands raised to his shoulders in surrender. Keeping her weapon trained, Cate looked up at the shocked expression on the gorgeous, familiar face.

“Cate! It’s me!” Jon gasped, his eyes wide, locked on the barrel of the gun aiming directly at his heart.

Cate’s heart stopped and her eyes widened. She quickly lowered her gun, automatically performing a recovery scan as she dropped the muzzle of her weapon toward the floor. “JESUS, Jon!” she exclaimed. “What the FUCK?!? Are you trying to get yourself SHOT?” Cate sucked in a sharp breath as she realized just how close to disaster they had come.

“Well, CHRIST! I didn’t expect you to draw down on me! I thought you’d recognize me!” Jon snapped back, fear tinging his voice. He still stood motionless, his hands raised. Cate could see in the dim light that the color had drained from his face, despite his strong words.

Cate quickly holstered her Glock and dropped her trembling hands to her side. “What the Hell are you doing in here?” she demanded. Her legs suddenly felt weak, and she sank onto the bench, her heart pounding.

Jon crossed the room to sit beside her, leaning forward to rest his forearms on his knees, his own breathing rapid. He gulped in two deep breaths, then turned his head to look at Cate. “I thought I’d surprise you,” he said breathlessly.

“Yeah, well, mission fucking accomplished!” Cate retorted, glaring back at him.

They stared at each other for a moment, then a smile crept to Jon’s lips. He started to chuckle, at first softly, then a grin split his face as he dropped his head back and let out a long, hearty laugh.

“Jesus Christ, Cate…” Jon chortled. “Nothing’s ever easy with you, is it? All I wanna do is try to seduce you in the shower and you about blow my fucking head off!” He paused and shook his head disbelievingly. “Which was kinda what I was hoping for, but not involving a firearm!“

Cate couldn’t help but smile weakly at that. She let out a long sigh of relief and reached up to draw a hand through her hair. “Fuck, Jon! You oughta know better than to sneak up on a cop! Especially a half-naked female cop, in the Goddamn dark!”

Jon smiled wanly back at her. “Yeah, well… that’s what happens when I think with my dick, I guess,” he wisecracked. He shook his head. “Next time I gotta remember to wait until you take your pants off,” he chuckled. “Or at least your belt.”

Cate shook her head and blew out another long breath. “You gotta pair of brass ones, I’ll give you that,” she muttered. She looked down at the floor and smiled wryly. “Guess that ego of yours really does make you think you’re Superman.” She looked sideways at him, raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah, well… You showed me differently, huh?” Jon asked. He gave her a gentler smile then scooted closer to her on the bench. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you.” Jon reached over to slide a hand over her knee.

“You didn’t scare me, you startled me. What scared me is the fact that you were about a quarter-inch trigger squeeze away from being splattered all over that wall,” Cate answered, her voice pained. She felt a sick lurch in her stomach at the thought. God, how could I live with myself? she thought with a shudder.

“I’m sorry,” Jon repeated, more softly. He saw her shiver, and slipped his arm around her shoulders. Cate exhaled again and leaned into him.

“Okay. Just please don’t do anything stupid like that again,” she said quietly.

“I won’t,” Jon promised honestly. “Cross my heart.” He gave Cate a little smile, then placed a gentle kiss on the side of her mouth when she turned her face to look at him. “Now, about that plan of mine…” he murmured.

Cate felt her heartbeat accelerate again at Jon’s words. “You mean you’re still gonna try to screw me, after that?” she asked.

“Sure. I have a new appreciation for life,” Jon chuckled. “Live while I’m alive, yadda yadda yadda...” He dropped his lips to nuzzle at her jaw. “Besides, like I said, I’m used to getting what I want…” he purred in her ear. He licked Cate’s neck, savoring her salty taste.

A little sigh escaped Cate’s lips as her head tilted to the side, more fully exposing her neck to Jon’s mouth. “What if I don’t agree?” she asked breathlessly. “Maybe I don’t think you should always get your way...”

Jon chuckled huskily, moving his lips down the side of her neck, nibbling and tasting. “Then look at this as you getting what you want.” He nipped at the curve of Cate’s shoulder. “And you know you want me.”

God help me, I do… “Mmmmmmm” Cate hummed, her eyes slipping closed as Jon’s hand moved to her breast while his lips slid over her shoulder. Her nipples hardened under his touch, and she felt a warm flush creep over her body. “Well…. I may need some convincing,” she said coyly.

Jon chuckled again, then pulled away from Cate. He stood and held out his hand to her, giving her a sexy smile. Silently, Cate placed her hand in his and rose to her feet. She stood facing him in the dim light cast from the lone bulb above the shower. She realized that the water was still running, and that the room had become warm and humid, wisps of steam floating from the shower. In the background her iPod played on, Harry Connick, Jr.’s silky-smooth voice crooning out an old Sinatra tune.

Jon stepped closer to Cate, dropping his mouth to hers. He gave her a long, soft kiss as his hands moved to her belt. Cate drew in a breath, remembering the last time he had fumbled with her buckle. As if reading her mind, Jon chuckled gently against her mouth, then pulled back slightly. “I think maybe you should disarm yourself before we go any further,” he said, a hint of tease in his voice as he dropped his hands from her waist.

Cate nodded. She raised her hands to her belt and undid the buckle, then stepped away, turning her back to Jon as she moved over to her locker. Jon watched as she pulled her badge and her holstered gun off of her belt and placed them on the shelf inside her locker, then removed her cuffs, magazines, baton, spray, and Blackberry, in turn.

After placing all the gear in her locker she paused, her back still to Jon. Jon drew in a breath as Cate’s hands went to her chest and she drew her sports bra up and over her head. She dropped the garment into the basket in her locker, then turned back to Jon, her eyes shining in the dim light.

Jon groaned as his eyes drank in the sight of her perfect breasts, glistening with perspiration, her nipples tight with arousal. He stood stock-still, breathing heavily, as Cate glided over to him.

She stopped in front of him, her nipples almost brushing against his pecs. Without a word, she pulled the hem of his t-shirt up enough to slip her hands underneath, against his warm, sticky skin. She pushed the shirt up over his abs to his chest, then Jon reached up behind his neck, tugging the shirt over his head and free of his body.

Jon dropped the tee on the floor, then gently grasped Cate’s sides, pulling her against him. They sighed in unison at the contact of her warm breasts against his hard pecs, and Cate raised her face to Jon’s. He dropped his lips to hers and slipped his tongue inside her mouth as he felt Cate’s hands slide across his abs, around his sides, to settle at the small of his back.

Jon pulled his lips away from Cate’s and smiled. “Convinced yet?” he whispered.

“Mmmm… not quite,” Cate murmured, wanting to keep him waiting just a bit longer. She couldn’t just completely cave in and let him have his way, after all.

She dropped her lips to the notch at the base of Jon’s throat, tracing the little “v” there with the tip of her tongue. She heard a little chuckle rumble from Jon’s chest as he dropped his head back, enjoying the feel of her lips and breasts against his chest. Cate smiled and kissed her way slowly along Jon’s collarbone, toward his left shoulder. In the background she heard the music end, then a brief silence.

Jon chuckled again as he heard the opening notes to the next song. It was a live track, an old one. He recognized his own voice, his throaty laugh and the comment he threw out to Alec as the bassist picked out the sexy, seductive opening to the song.

“Oh, I think this will do the trick,” he growled softly, smiling down at Cate. He stepped slightly back away from her, then pulled gently on her hip, guiding her to turn around until she stood with her back to him.

Cate drew in a deep breath as she felt Jon move up close behind her, his soft chest hair tickling her back. He wrapped his arms around her waist and dropped his lips to her right ear.

“Ohhhhhh, Goooodddddd….” Cate groaned blissfully as Jon began to sing softly into her ear, along with the music. She felt him sway his hips slightly to the slinky beat, rubbing his crotch against her ass. She began to sway with him, not able or willing to stop herself. She sank back against his chest, wrapping her arms over his across her abdomen.

Never knew how much I loved ya
Never knew how much I cared
‘Til you put your lovin’ arms around me
I get a feeling that that’s so hard to bear
You give me fever
When she kisses
Fever when she holds me tight.
Fever…fire…fever all through the night.

Cate purred at the feel of Jon’s warm breath on her cheek, his sultry growl in her ear. She felt a shiver of pure pleasure run down her spine as Jon slid his hands upward until they covered her breasts. He gently rubbed his palms over her nipples, teasing them as he pulsed his hips in time to the music. Cate reached behind her to grasp Jon’s buttocks, anchoring him tightly against her as he moved.

Well,
Romeo loved Juliet
Juliet she felt the same
When she put her lovin’ arms around me
He said Julie, you’re my flame
You give me fever
When she kisses
Fever you’re my flame and you
Fever
I’m on fire
And I burn for you, yeah
Baby, it’s for you
Julie, I burn for you….

Cate could hear the smile in Jon’s voice as he growled out the last note. He chuckled huskily in her ear, then nuzzled her neck. Cate let out a little moan, her own lips curled in a blissful smile. She felt Jon slide his hands downward over her stomach, then slip under the waistband of her range pants and into her panties.

“Oh!” Cate gasped as his fingers slid lightly over her mound, a pair dipping inside to stroke her wet center.

“Now are you convinced… that we should get what we want?” Jon asked seductively.

4 comments:

  1. oh shit....you stopped there. Cruel cate, just cruel. Think I might need another shower here now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You STOPPED?!?!?!?!!?
    That's it!!! Picture time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If she's not I am! LOL

    Jeez Jon, she puts you off for a few days and you get greedy! Roof of the car, shower...is it going to be anywhere but a bed for awhile? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy fuck me Batman!! How is she even still on her feet?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!