Chapter 54 - Private Performance



Jon looked up at the sound of the oak doors sliding open. He sucked in a breath when he saw Cate, and he felt his cock stir lustily. As gorgeous as she had looked dressed up, he found her almost unbearably sexy in what she was wearing now.

Cate was barefoot, her painted toes peeking out from the slightly-flared hem of her faded, ripped, well-worn jeans. The denim was a pale blue from frequent washing, and colorful patches with fraying edges were randomly scattered over the soft fabric. Jon grinned when he saw that all of the patches bore some sort of law enforcement badge or logo. They reminded Jon of a pair of jeans he used to own, back in the “New Jersey” days.

He groaned softly when he noticed the hard peaks of her nipples under the chocolate-brown fabric of her form-fitting, ribbed tank top. Jesus…she’s not wearing a bra! Jon felt another surge between his legs. He took a deep breath, then chuckled when he read the writing on Cate’s tank; over a red-inked outline of the state of New Jersey were emblazoned the words “Jersey Girl at Heart” in faded white script.

Cate’s thick auburn locks, still sexily mussed from the ocean breeze, tumbled down over her bare shoulders. Jon’s eyes traveled to her neck and he saw that she still wore his silver cross. Raising his gaze to Cate’s face, his heart melted at what he saw there. Her eyes sparkled and her full lips wore a relaxed smile. She was clearly a woman who was, at this moment, blissfully happy.

Jon stood from the sofa as he watched Cate pad across the tiled floor to him, her hips swaying gently. “Well, well. Take a look at you,” he said, his voice a sexy, low purr. “Baby, you looked gorgeous before, but this is definitely more you. And you look HOT!”

Cate laughed, her head tipping back so that her hair slid from her shoulders down her back. Jon grinned as he watched her unrestrained breasts bounce as she laughed. “Why, thank you,” she replied. “You’re right. This is definitely more ‘me.’ I told you last night I’m not a lady.”

Cate gave Jon a quick once-over and noticed that he had shed his boots and was barefoot. Several more buttons on his shirt had somehow come undone, and the soft white garment now hung open over his tanned chest, secured only by a lone button below his navel.

“You don’t give yourself enough credit,” Jon smiled. “You were very ladylike at dinner.” He reached out and took Cate’s hand. “Okay, so we have the favorite jeans, and a fireplace…” Jon swept his other hand toward the wall where the mass of candles glowed inside the firebox. “It’s a little warm for a fire, so will this do?” he asked.

Cate nodded, her eyes wide and shining. Holy shit, Danny told him ALL the details…. She felt her heart beating faster in anticipation.

“And, over here…” Jon led Cate over to the sideboard. Cate saw he had uncorked the bottle of wine. Jon let go of Cate’s hand and poured two glasses. “…a nice bottle of red wine.” He handed a glass to Cate. “Let me know what you think. It’s one of my favorites, but if you don’t like it I have a couple other bottles in the kitchen.”

Cate took the glass by the stem and swirled the crimson liquid, then held it up to the light, tilting the glass slightly. Jon nodded approvingly. She knows wine, he thought.

Cate brought the glass to her nose and drew in the delicious aroma of cherries, raisins, herbs, and vanilla. She took a sip, holding the wine in her mouth for a moment, then groaned with pleasure as she let the liquid slide down her throat. “It’s delicious,” she breathed. “An Amarone?”

Jon grinned broadly, nodding. “It’s a ’97 Romano dal Forno Amarone Della Valpolicella,” he answered, waving one hand about as he placed a little flourish on his pronunciation of the Italian. “I discovered it last time I was in Rome,” he added proudly.

Cate let out a little gasp. That’s a four hundred dollar bottle of wine! She took another sip, marveling at the velvety feel of the wine on her tongue.

Jon noticed her surprise, and chuckled. “I’m fortunate enough to be able to afford the finer things that catch my fancy. And one of the things I enjoy is a good bottle of wine.” Cate blushed slightly as he read her mind.

Jon smiled gently and picked up the other glass. He again took Cate by the hand and led her over to the couch, to the end closest to the fireplace. He gestured for her to sit, and she silently obeyed. Jon sat on the leather ottoman, facing her, then raised his glass. “To a night of fantasy,” he said softly.

Cate drew in a breath and smiled, touching her glass to his. They both sipped their wine, then Jon reached over to set his glass on the raised fireplace hearth. He looked at Cate and smiled that beautiful, heart-stopping smile at her, then gave her a wink.

“Oh… My... God…” Cate whispered as she watched Jon grasp the gorgeous black guitar by the neck and pull it onto his lap. He drew the strap over his head and settled it across his broad shoulders.

“So, I think we have everything…the jeans, the fireplace, the red wine, the guitar… and me?” Jon asked Cate, his eyes sparkling.

“Yes,” Cate squeaked breathlessly.

Jon gave her another gentle smile and began to strum softly. Cate’s heart thudded in her chest as her fantasy began to play out before her. How many times had she dreamed about Jon singing to her, only to her, in a beautiful, romantic room just like this? I can die happy now….

Jon felt his heart swell as he watched Cate’s reaction. Her eyes glittered with the beginnings of tears and her lower lip trembled slightly as she drew in a deep breath, the corners of her mouth curved upward in a dreamy smile. His fingers moved over the strings of the Takamine, playing no particular melody, as he gave her a moment to collect herself.

“Relax, Baby. We’re gonna be at this for awhile.” he smiled. “There’s a whole lotta music I wanna share with you.”

He saw Cate swallow hard and nod, then break into a radiant smile. Jon nodded back at her and started strumming the opening chords of the song he knew she loved. Cate sighed a dreamy sigh, then curled her legs up under her on the couch. She began to tap her fingers against her thigh to the beat, her shining blue eyes meeting Jon’s as he began to sing.

I thought miracles were make-believe
It's hard to hold what you can't see
But I find the faith I need
Every morning when you wake up next to me

If all this shit we take for granted
Took the train and left us stranded
Make a stand and wave goodbye
Each night I see the world with brand new eyes

And in my heart I hear the music playing
Can you hear it?
Take my hand

Cate felt a warm flush creep over her as she floated away on Jon’s sweet, soft, whiskey-timbred voice. Her mind couldn’t comprehend what was happening. She must be dreaming… right? This was what the dream always looked like. Well, almost. It was never this vivid before.

She took another sip of the wine as Jon smiled at her while he continued the beautiful song. She felt herself begin to sway gently with the rhythm of his guitar.

To the laughter, to the tears
To all those wasted years that disappear
Hey they got us here
Take my hand

For the good fights and the bad
For the dreams that we still have
Looking back on it all baby
We're still standing here
Take my hand
We can dance

Jon grinned as Cate mouthed the last line of the chorus along with him. He captured her gaze again and sang earnestly to her, telling Cate what he yearned to share with her.

Baby lay down next to me
I want to feel each breath you breathe
In your kiss I taste the truth
I want to get all tangled up in you

In your heart I hear the music playing
I can hear it
Take my hand

With the laughter, with the tears
With all those wasted years that disappear
Hell they got us here
Take my hand

With the good fights and the bad
With the dreams that we still have
Looking back on it all baby
We're still standing here

And when the song is over
We’ll still be going on….

Cate closed her eyes and let her head drop back against the couch, swooning as she listened to the gentle melody Jon cooed as he strummed on his guitar. She could feel his eyes on her, and she knew he was smiling at her reaction. But she couldn’t help herself. Cate opened her eyes and smiled back at Jon as his gorgeous voice once again stirred her soul.

In my heart I hear the music playing
Take my hand

To the laughter, to the tears
To all those wasted years that disappear
They're what got us here
Take my hand

For the good fights and the bad
For the dreams that we still have
Looking back on it all baby
We're still standing here

Take my hand
We can dance…
We can dance…
We can dance…

Jon strummed the final note with a flourish, then grinned at Cate. “So? Was that okay?” he asked, a hint of tease in his voice. It was apparent from Cate’s raptured expression that his performance had been much more than “okay.”

“That was amazing,” Cate said softly. “Thank you.”

“Ah, don’t thank me yet!” Jon grinned. “We’re not done, by a long shot! When I perform, I give my fans a SHOW!” He reached for his wine glass and took a drink, then replaced it on the hearth.

Cate laughed at Jon’s boasting and nodded. “Well, your audience isn’t going anywhere.” Wild horses couldn’t drag me out of here.

“I know.” Jon answered giving her a saucy grin. “You’re my prisoner tonight. There’s no escape. I’m gonna torture you all night with this guitar,” he teased.

“Oh, well then…” Cate smirked naughtily. “More please.”

9 comments:

  1. *sigh*...so wonderful...I echo Cate...more please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh crap bring out the cuffs cause then they could def play 'prisoner and jailer' lol.

    And by the looks of it, she's going to need a panty change REAL soon.

    Hmmmm..........not next button, bugger it going to have to wait..........I don't DO waiting well lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Echo here too...More please. What a wonderful beginning to a date. Just need more!!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cate, you made tears appear in my eyes as I read this, I have had almost the same exact fantasy, although Jon is replaced by Richie. Impatiently waiting for more...

    ~

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki - actually this IS my RL Richie fantasy... I "stole" it for this story. And after he's done playing the guitar he can play ME.... :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are killing me over here!!!
    Loving every min. of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Sigh*
    *Gulp*

    I guess we all share a private variation of a similar fantasy....
    Only in one of mine, David is playing a beautiful black Steinway....in a candle lit room...

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Catte this scene is my fantasy dream with Richie!!!

    I echo Cate....more please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. For crying out loud! When is it going to happen? I can't stand it anymore.....Cate, pleeeeeaaaase, give us more - Johanne

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!